Wednesday, August 14, 2013

42 and Out! A Back Blast from "The Giant Killer"


Need to get your back right? Here is a quick blog post from Shaun "The Giant Killer" Clarida about a not so quick back session with his buddy Hulk: 

Today, I had the pleasure of training with Philly Native Hulk Bailey, a bodybuilding competitor looking to get his pro card. His friend Wade reached out to me explaining that Hulk was a fan of my physique and was hoping to come down to train with me and I of course said yes!
We went back and fourth with possible dates and we finally set a date, place and time…we were ready to rock!
Wade and Hulk came down to my gym where I train (and work) and had a kick-ass back workout. I had explained that I’m a huge volume guy, especially when it comes to back and I had once did a 40+ set workout and Hulk said he’d be down for something like that and we both felt good so we agreed that today would be a 40+ day.
We hit our back from every possible angle, various pulls, various pull-downs, different row movements…we did everything possible to light our back up! About 2.5 hours later, we reached the end and hit a grand total of 42 sets. My back was feeling nice and tight, just as I hoped. Upon finishing up, we headed across the street to the diner, where we refueled on some good eats.
GK
Wondering what the workout was? Well Shaun was "kind" enough to share this punishment with his boys over at SideMeat! Give it a try and get that back nice and wide. 
Pull ups- 4 sets
Reverse Pulldowns- 6 sets (last 3 drop sets)
Dumbbell Incline Rows- 4 sets
Seated Cable Rows- 4 sets
V-Bar Pulldowns- 4 sets
Dumbbell Deads- 4 sets
Mid-Back Pulls- 4 sets
Free motion Cable Lat Pulls- 4 sets
Weighted Hyper Extensions- 4 sets
Rope Pulls- 4 sets

Let us know what you think and make sure you check out Shaun's blog: http://www.shaunclarida.blog.com

DO YOU

-SideMeat

No comments:

Post a Comment